Below are the settings that we have determined are ideal for a system that is using the cygwin
environment as its user shell.
Perform a default installation of either Pragma Telnet Server or Pragma SSH Server.
Install the latest cygwin setup.
Using the Local Server Configuration program, make the following configuration changes:
- User General Settings
- Default Screen Mode - Advanced Console
- Default Terminal Type - vtxxx
- Console Settings
- Use optimized screen scraper - Enabled
- Shell/Custom Program - c:\cygwin\bin\bash --login -i use the proper directory to the bash shell
- NonInteractive Command Settings - for Pragma SSH Server only
- Execution Mode - Full Stream
- Shell Spec - c:\cygwin\bin\bash --login -c use the proper directory to the bash shell